Sunday, December 31, 2006

Three chance meetings in one day! And 2 of them gave me rides. Such perfect timing. It feels like I'm in sync with the Universe today, or maybe it's just because I live in a small town. :-)
Yesterday evening everything clicked too. A friend had a free ticket to "The Painted Veil" at the Aspen Film Fest, so I went along. Afterwards we were hanging out in the lobby drinking free wine and bourbon when a woman offered us 2 free tickets to the next show-"Pan's Labyrinth"! My eyes are fried today after 8 hours of computer time in the office and then 4 hours of film.
This afternoon I had a real Aspen moment sitting outside a coffee shop sipping and overpriced too small cappuccino. The dyed blond boob job dangly earring 40 something (adoptive?) mom was sitting with her exposed cleavage oozing out of a sheer black bra and her made up 11 year old accompanied by their pet Savannah mix cat that looked at acted like a baby cheetah on a 1 ft leash. "Oh my god! What an adorable cat!" admired the passersby. "The markings are soooo amazing! What kind is it? How old is it? What kind is it again? Savannah and what? Oh wow!"

No comments: