Monday, February 28, 2005

Two new experiences I've had this week are:
1- scraping ice off a bike seat and,
2- riding through the woods on snowy trail in 0 degree (C) weather!
Getting out of the city and my apartment was so refreshing. It cleared my mind funk a bit after losing sleep over boy issues, worries about what I'm doing here and why I'm here, what my next project/Big Step will be, but mostly the boy... I am so happy that I can get away for and be in nature for 4 euros and a 1 hour round trip. I'll definitely be going again in the springtime, or maybe sooner. It was quite ________ riding through the pristine whiteness and saying, "Oh, Birkenwerder. I think there was a concentration camp near here." Then we found a Gasthaus on a lake, where we got warm and had Kaffee und Kuchen. Mmm. Often I forget that I come from "the country", but when I am in the wilderness I let out a big sigh and feel completely relaxed. It seems like I must have been holding my breath the whole time until I let out that sigh.

No comments: